Tufts Institute for Global Obesity Research
TIGOR is a leader for global obesity research, publish research in the highest impact journals. This website was designed to attract new faculty, train students and fellows, and integrate civic and real-world engagement.
- Create a digital product for TIGOR to share their research papers on obesity.
- Inform and educate primary users on a global scale of the obesity crisis.
- Attract new research students, and donors to be part of the program.
- Research best practices performed an evaluation on the current site of Tufts, and conducted user testing to inform the user experience direction.
- Create a clean visual hierarchy with content-heavy pages while harmonizing new functionality and legacy elements.
- Design all UI elements such as icons across the site.
- Clickable prototypes with different concepts for the structure, layout, and results display across platforms.
- Conceptualized and communicated the ultimate vision for the homepage making it interactive and engaging.
- Communicated the strategy to internal stakeholders.
- Helped with the back-end development using WordPress knowledge and HTML/CSS
- Provided training sessions to the client content team to explain WP and walk through common administrative functions in preparation for content migration.
Design a full set of icons used throughout the site.
Site Map created in Sketch
- The target audience of this site was mostly millennials and Gen Z who according to research multitask between desktop and mobile screens. Therefore, creating a responsive website across platforms was crucial for this project.
- Create clickable prototypes with different concepts for the structure, layout, and results display across media to use in usability testing.
- Design minimal, engaging, enjoyable, and user-friendly interfaces throughout the website.
Pictures credited to Tufts Create Solutions
- The design of the website of TIGOR helped to better reflect the evolved mission of the organization and facilitate easier site maintenance.
- The architecture allows for continuous deployment and the ability for merchandisers to publish content directly to the site without development assistance.
- Surveys show that 84% of readers left with more knowledge about global obesity, shared it with their relatives and about 64% reached out to be part of the research. (Data taken from surveys as of 2021).